ex m.o.d ridgid raider mk1

adrian hurley

Recruit
Have just recived from a 3rd party an ex mod ridgid raider mk1 with a 1990 30hp johnson. would like to up to a 90hp/140hp that are used in service but finding my pockets wanting at mo :( the problem i have is that it rides so low in the water when in motion and when fishing on the drift that large bow waves from passers by come over the side and have to bail out water with buckets(not safe). A small drain hole(2"/3") has been made in bk when manufactured but that is all of the drainage system that is left. I have tried to use a cycle iner tube as what i think is called a elephants trunk or donkey tail but to no avail so just have it stoped up at mo. do not wish to have power sauce on boat so am looking for advice on none powered bilging. pls give any help you can fair iboats patrons. adrian hurley.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: ex m.o.d ridgid raider mk1

try looking for one of those hand bilage pumps, just make sure you find one with a long enough hose that will go over your gunnell when you pump.
rob

Willyclay

Captain

Welcome to the iboats.com forum. The experts here, which I am not, can help you solve any problem. However, they need your help and pictures are the best source of information. That way you can show everyone exactly what you are dealing with. Take a look at this link below for an idea about a self-bailer for your underway issue:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/3162p/DCP_7412.jpg

The above unit is from a 1950's Barbour wooden boat and, unlike the "elephant's trunk" device, will not sink your boat if it fails due to debris clogging because of the loop above the water line. The dimensions are unknown. Good luck!

EDIT: I did some research on Ridgid Raider MK1's and it appears to be equivalent of the U.S. military version of a 17ft Boston Whaler. Assuming your boat is also like Whalers with foam between the deck and hull, my above suggestion for the self-bailer might not be practical for a through-hull installation. However, I believe looping the tube over the transom might work for the siphon. Just throwing out alternatives!

Last edited:

adrian hurley

Recruit

Thanks for all ur help guys. Not realy sure about the pic cant see how it would work but will look in to it and also hand pump:D will also take some pics and post them as soon as possible as instructed. just wish the weather would clear up a bit so can get out fishing :D dont you just h8 the british summer.