help!help!kelp!anyone...

fishsauce

Recruit
never own a boat before but looking to buy one. a man is selling a aluminum boat about 10 to 12 feet at around $200 just the boat no motor at all.isz it worth buying? but the only thing isz he doesnt have any paper work for it and id wondering can i get it reg or what can i do? what will the coast be? thanks alot if u can help.

allpoints360

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: help!help!kelp!anyone...

Check with your local tax assessors office about registration because it's difference from state to state.

Does it come with trailer? What do you want to do with it? Will you add a motor?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

also most boats are registered through your state game and fisheries department; trailers through Motor Vehicles. It cna be a pian. Get the seller to write up a Bill of Sale with as much description of the boat as possible. You might find a metal plate on the transom (inside back) of the boat with the info, or old numbers on the side.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

It all depends on where you live. Here the only boats with titles are 2000 or newer, unless a dealer or bank requests one. Bill of sale is all we have.
Bottom line is a 12' boat is probably worth that much as scrap metal so yeah it's probably a good deal as long as it's not scrap. You'll probably wan't a trailer as soon as possible. I had no trailer on my 12' for 2-3 years and I hated it. In fact I didn't use it enough becuase I hated the work required to get it in the truck. It would literally take an hour at least to load it, all my gear and everything in the truck, get to the lake another 45 minutes to hour unloading and setting up, hour getting out of the water, and another when I got home to put everything away. And carrying the motor s''''ked to. You don't want to clog the ramp so I'd back down and throw my boat out real quick, and get out of the way. Then you have to carry all your junk back and forth. That is four hours packing and unpacking just to fish, not even travel time. I finally got a trailer and I complete that same 4 hour process in under 30 minutes.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

We need to know what state you're in. In some states it's easy to get the registration on an undocumented boat (here in PA it isn't too bad). In some states you may as well scrap the boat.

fishsauce

Recruit

Check with your local tax assessors office about registration because it's difference from state to state.

Does it come with trailer? What do you want to do with it? Will you add a motor?

the boat doent come with a motor or a trailer.if i can get it to reg then id start geting the trailer and the motor. im from californa and thank u all for your advices and time reading my post. im a new bei to the boad.

allpoints360

Petty Officer 1st Class

A lot of guys around here just put that size boat in the back of their trucks and run it with an electric trolling motor. Works for them.

Good luck!

fishsauce

Recruit

also most boats are registered through your state game and fisheries department; trailers through Motor Vehicles. It cna be a pian. Get the seller to write up a Bill of Sale with as much description of the boat as possible. You might find a metal plate on the transom (inside back) of the boat with the info, or old numbers on the side.

i check on the side and theirs no cl#.in the back of the boat is the same no plate#