Black spots on seats and sun deck

hettman

Cadet
Went out last weekend, pontoon sitting uncovered now i have black spots on interior. What can I use to get it clean so I can get the cover back on it?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: Black spots on seats and sun deck

Clean it with regular vinyl cleaner. There will possibly be faint stains when your done. Leave it for the sun to bleach it out.

PolishPrince

Seaman

The black spots may be spider poop. Really..........
The best thing I've found for it is to spray it with Windex, let it sit a minute and with a little elbow grease, it comes out okay.
I also use 303 Aerospace Protectant on all the vinyl in my boat so spider, bird, or raccoon "droppings" won't leave a stain. It also acts like a sun blocker to keep the vinyl soft and supple and mitigate UV degradation. It works great on rubber items also.
Hey, maybe I need to call Mike Rowe on Dirtiest Jobs

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

its mold starting and it really hard to remove, be careful with things like Tilex and Bleach, both eat vinyl .....mix 1/2 cup bleach with any cleaner and about 2 gals of water ....scrub like hell and leav in the full sun till dry, then use some sort of vinyl protectorant.

I have tried everything after my boat came back from the mechanic sitting out in his yard in the rain for 2 weeks, had black spots all over the seats and floor ( carpet )....used the power washer on the carpet and seats , sorta worked, made a bleach solution like above and wetted every thing down. its still there just not as bad