Questions for the Tri-hull

drewpster

Commander
I am trying to make up my mind how to enclose the aft portion under the splash well of the tri-hull I am working on. Originally a sheet of vinyl was used to cover it snapped to the lower edge of the splash well. I am not a big fan of putting that back. I need to cover this area to enclose the gas tank and battery boxes as well as give a mounting to the battery switches and such. I also want a hatch so that storage can be used there. Its simple enough just to build a light weight bulkhead, however I would need to leave space under it to allow the deck to drain. Any ideas?

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Questions for the Tri-hull

can you post a couple pics of that portion of your boat?

drewpster

Commander

DSC04877.jpg
Yes....yes I can.

Your looking at the aft portion of the deck that goes under the splash well. Oriinally this area was enclosed with a snap in Vinyl sheet. (just a flappin' in da breeze) I hate the idea of that. A bulkhead is simple enough but I need to allow water to drian to the deck drain plug under the splash well.

68C15

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am contemplating the same issue with mine as well. I was thinking of a 1/4 or 3/8" plywood with some notches cut into the bottom for drainage. 3 or 4 should do. I might even make some frame work from 2x2's and make a couple of doors for battery/fuel tank access.