DF175 revs in neutral and then Stalls

sanlucas

Recruit
Hi, my engine is accelerating in neutral and then stall, and some times it vibrates, I have in mind what it could be but wanted to hear some suggestions,the only two things I have done to the engine lately were 1) last week I took out my lower unit to repair it, and the installed it back( could it be that I installed it incorrectly? when it not on neutral it runs fine) and 2) I greased all the point in the engine( I think I moved something when I was greasing the Throttle / shift linkage), the engine it's a Suzuki DF175 2007, I have the Service manual. can somebody help me, please ?

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: DF175 revs in neutral and then Stalls

The rev limiter comes directly to mind.In other words stop doing that.

BOAT DOCTOR

Petty Officer 2nd Class

on a df175 has a rev limit which is 3000 rpm in nuetral.so if you use your warm up lever on your control box the motor will not let you go past 3000rpm in nuetral so shift it and give it throttle and see what it does.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

on a df175 has a rev limit which is 3000 rpm in nuetral.so if you use your warm up lever on your control box the motor will not let you go past 3000rpm in nuetral so shift it and give it throttle and see what it does.

Since it's still under warranty, why not just bring it back to the dealer?

sanlucas

Recruit

I dont want to take it to the dealer because I would have to bring the trailer and lose the day towing the boat to the dealer and then back to the marina. anway, yesterday I tried the Engine (not in the water), and I was ok, so I dont know what it could be, can it be the sparkplugs? I'm gonna try it out on the water this weekend. Thanks for your answer