OMC 800 intermediate hose.......

Bryan_S

Seaman
there is a hose that comes off this intermediate, but i dont know where to put it .....doh

any idea's?

thank you

~Bryan S

WizeOne

Commander
Re: OMC 800 intermediate hose.......

If I understand you correctly, and you are not very articulate about it, there is a nipple near the rear and on the top of the intermediate housing. The hose goes from that nipple up to the thermostat housing.

Bryan_S

Seaman

hey again there wiseone =]

i was in a huge hurry when i posted this.

now would this be the same with "fresh water closed cooling system"?

my pops is here for his fishin trip, and im almost ready to take him out, just these last few water lines!!!

thank you

~Bryan S

Bryan_S

Seaman

all i really need is a diagram showing the coolong system, with a heater core, and closed cooling.

or something, i wanna make sure i have this down correct, and the manual is not showing me how to do this.

Thank you

~Bryan S

WizeOne

Commander

Routing of the inclosed cooling system hoses are probably brand specific. I have a San Juan Engineering system on my 302. That system included a thermostat housing that replaced the OEM thermostat housing tree. It is very similar to an automotive style houlsing. You no longer need to route the impeller flow thru the engine.

My hose, from the IH, goes directly to the raw water inlet at the bottom of the heat exchanger. The raw water exits the heat exchanger and then "T"s out to the front end of each log style OEM exhaust manifolds. From there, of course, it goes thru the manifolds and exits out thru the IH.

The engine coolant then circulates thru the inner core of the heat exchanger and right back into the bottom of the engines water pump.

Hope that helps. Don't know anything about a heater core. Maybe you need to isolate it for now?

DSCF0809.jpg

Bryan_S

Seaman

wizeone you're the best!

i also have the san juan cooler, looks just like yours but mine is still blue =p

thanks i love this place ...... so informative

too late to do anything tonight but ill let ya know how it goes.

thanks again

~Bryan S