No Reverse! 1994 Evinrude 50hp

bosshog

Recruit
I have a 1994 Evinrude 50hp and the last time I took it in to get a new flywheel or something of the sort, for some reason when I got it back the reverse doesnt work. It had been getting weaker and all, but we took it in to get the reverse cable adjusted and that didn't work. The mechanic said it must be something in the lower end and would possibly be expensive? What could be the reason for my reverse to stop working like that...one time worrking, goes into the shop, and doesnt worrk?

Additionally what does it sound like I need to do to get the reverse working properly again?

bosshog

Recruit
Re: No Reverse! 1994 Evinrude 50hp

no replies?

Im really needing help figuring out this revese issue. Seemed like the reverse started getting weaker, the the cabels were adjusted all the way, and still no reverse anymore? Could it be a problem with the lower unit or what?

All help appreciated.

bktheking

Vice Admiral

We brought our minivan in with a good tranny and got it back with a blown tranny, maybe they grenaded your lower unit??? Pull the lower unit plugs and check for metal, then get a good lawyer.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

What do you mean it was getting weaker? Take it back and tell to fix whatever they screwed up.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

disconnect cable at the motor, and try shifting motor manually. if the lower unit were taken off, some one could have turn the shift shaft. misaligning the shift sequence. i would consider another mech.