Fleet Week--New York

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
Our son called this morning from Norfolk to let us know his ship to New York was leaving.Upon arrival he,among others considered VIP's,will be helicoptered to their hotel accomodations.He will be the Media Spokesperson for some of the events and functions the Marines participate in.I will certainly be watching the news A LOT this week.Maybe some of you New Yorkers will see him.He says he "Feels Honored" to be selected for this.The Marine to watch for is Corporal Bartow Kilgo.I don't know if he uses the "Junior" or not.<br />Please post if you do happen to see him on the news.Thanks to you all.

seabuddy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Fleet Week--New York

Very exciting. Any way you could post a list of events?

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Well it looks like he will keep us posted but there is a VERY good possibility he will be on Good Morning America.Don't know which day yet.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Well the wife just told me he will be on the W B news at 5pm.She doesn't know if that is central or eastern.I won't get a chance to watch until tomorrow A.M.She said he was very excited.

seabuddy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks. I tried to see the ship parade, but it was delayed. Missed it, darn.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

I just got a call from the Mrs. ABC News interviewed him this morning. It will probably air this evening.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Well it looks like only local channels are carrying his interview.<br /><br />If anybody could post a web address for local New York channels I would greatly appreciate it.<br /><br />THANX