Speaking of Oldies.

Re: Speaking of Oldies.

Originally posted by scrapper:<br /> Is it also good to the last drop?
I believe that was Maxwell House. I was looking for the kind rather than the brand. Could be Maxwell House is that kind but the brand in question is definetly the kind that is correct. :cool: <br />Think Sweedish lady.

heycods

Captain

It was folgiers mountain grown. to the best of my fuzzy recolection. I think that dates back to befour the first marlburo man died of lung cancer.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That was Folger's tagline in the 70's I am thinking.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

From the top of your noggin'<br />To the tips of your toes<br />If you want to be wired<br /><br />What am I?

Folgers is pure colombian coffee, that's.... <br /><br />Spinner, was it legal? :D

Originally posted by heycods:<br /> It was folgiers mountain grown. to the best of my fuzzy recolection. I think that dates back to befour the first marlburo man died of lung cancer.
Wayne McLaren, who posed for some promotional photographs on behalf of Marlboro in 1976, succumbed to lung cancer at age 51 on 22 July 1992.<br />Folgers was indeed mountain grown. Not much of Colombia isn't mountains.

heycods

Captain

Originally posted by technoslypigeon:<br />
Originally posted by heycods:<br /> It was folgiers mountain grown. to the best of my fuzzy recolection. I think that dates back to befour the first marlburo man died of lung cancer.
Wayne McLaren, who posed for some promotional photographs on behalf of Marlboro in 1976, succumbed to lung cancer at age 51 on 22 July 1992.<br />Folgers was indeed mountain grown. Not much of Colombia isn't mountains.
And the second Marlboro man?????

ob

Admiral

And Mrs. who was in the Folgers ad?

Originally posted by ob:<br /> And Mrs. who was in the Folgers ad?
Ob Are you asking if Christine Feld, aka Virginia Christine has passed away?<br /><br />dastardly, to my knowledge the original Marlboro man did not smoke. Whether he is living or dead I do not know. Many atheletes in the 50's endorsed products they did not use. When it became known the endorsements were dropped. I guess the same thing happened in the case of Marlboro...<br /><br />Spinner, \is it animal mineral or vegetable?

ob

Admiral

Ob Are you asking if Christine Feld, aka Virginia Christine has passed away?
Nope,was seeing if anyone remembered what her stage name in the ad was.

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by technoslypigeon:<br /> It will be our little secret. ;)
I'm impressed that you knew her real name. :eek:

Rattle-

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm guessin'the secong Marlboro Man was Tom Selleck

heycods

Captain

Ob Are you asking if Christine Feld, aka Virginia Christine has passed away?<br /><br />dastardly, to my knowledge the original Marlboro man did not smoke. Whether he is living or dead I do not know. Many atheletes in the 50's endorsed products they did not use. When it became known the endorsements were dropped. I guess the same thing happened in the case of Marlboro...<br /><br />Spinner, \is it animal mineral or vegetable?
He died of lung cancer also, worked on the Pitchfork ranch in my wifes area of the a state.