I feel better knowing this

txswinner

Banned
"We do not listen to domestic phone calls without court approval," Bush said in an East Room news conference with Australian Prime Minister John Howard.<br /><br />"What I've told the American people is we'll protect them against an al-Qaida attack. And we'll do that within the law," Bush said.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
Re: I feel better knowing this

Waddya got the day off today tx?<br />Bored?<br />Or just-<br />
post.jpg
<br />
hf_memory_foam_mattress_pad.jpg
<br /> :D :D

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

I feel a little fence foamy myself. ;)

txswinner

Banned

Actually no job anymore, so when I am not out, I try to entertain the masses.<br /><br />By the way we had foam mattresses many years ago and no one liked them. Now they are the must have things.<br /><br />I like that top picture a lot, is it a painting or the real deal?

PW2

Commander

ABC news and I believe The Washington Post reported their phone records have been intercepted in an effort to find out who the "leak" might be in the CIA case.<br /><br />There is a full frontal attack on democracy in this country, and in the press's role in holding elected officials accountable for their actions.<br /><br />Bush is right, however. That is exactly what he has "Told the American People". What we don't know, exactly, is what he has done, or authorized to be done.<br /><br />I don't know a single person, be they liberal or conservative or whatever, that has any problem with listening in to phone calls between legitimately suspected Al-Qaida members and Americans. In fact, we expect it to be done. The question is whether there is any oversight to this process, so we know that is roughly what they are doing. That is why the FISA court was established. I have yet to hear any justification whatever to ignore the FISA court.<br /><br />Who knows, there may be legitimate reasons why the process does not work--fine-- let's change the law to make it work, and not simply ignore it.<br /><br />This country has a long history of politicians of either stripe overstepping their legal authority, and it is dangerous no matter who does it.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

What is your point tx?<br /><br />No lies there.<br /><br />Ken

LubeDude

Admiral

Phone records have never been private, so whats the big deal?????????????? :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. A phone or net communication between a site in USA and a site in any other country is not a domestic communication. It is an International communication and is not covered by FISA.<br /><br />2. The collection of records of who calls who and when is not listening in on communication.<br /><br />3. It makes absolutely no sense at all to expect our President to announce to our enemies exactly what he is doing or plans to do to find and defeat them. That seems to be the job of the media. Our enemies have no need for intelligence, they have the alphabet gang.<br /><br />RATZAKRATZA!! Will you Bush bashers ever learn our cotton pickin language??

heycods

Captain

Originally posted by alden:<br /> I feel a little fence foamy myself. ;)
Its a foggy matress??<br /><br /><br />Tx Im sorry did someone say something you disagreed with on TV last night?

PW2

Commander

1. A phone or net communication between a site in USA and a site in any other country is not a domestic communication. It is an International communication and is not covered by FISA.<br />--------------------------------<br /><br />JB, FISA is the Foreign intelligence surveillance act court. It is very specifically *not* domestic in nature, and this is what it was very specifically designed for!<br /><br />There is a reason why a court needs to be involved. We have no idea what they are doing, and our President has used up his allotment of "Just trust me, we know what we are doing"

PW2

Commander

What language are you referring to, JB?<br /> <br />Also, while I tend to agree that it may not be a big deal about the simple phone records, I can't even imagine what use to the NSA that info would be. Which leads me to believe they are up to something else.<br /><br />And then if you look at the CIA, where the third in charge had his home and office raided by the FBI, the head of the agency has been unceremoniously dumped after a short tenure as head, and many of the most experienced operatives in the agency have recently resigned, it should cause a thinking person to take a minute to pause and reflect...<br /><br />This is the agency charged with keeping us safe...<br /><br />And regarding the "Bush Bashers" as you call them, there is an old saying that seems appropriate:<br /><br />"Fool me once, shame on you;<br />Fool me twice, shame on me!"

heycods

Captain

I dont understand the big fuss, listen to all my phone calls you want to, nothing to hide here.<br /> Now if I ran a big intrnational corp. I might not wont to be tapped, but even then they should have nothing to hide?????

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /><br /><br />"Fool me once, shame on you;<br />Fool me twice, shame on me!"
I thought it was <br /><br />Fool me once shame on you <br />Fool me twice...........................<br />well,.......you ain't gonna fool me twice. :)

rogerwa

Commander

I think our phone companies sell more personal information to marketing partners (so they can call you during dinner and also provide an excuse for that phone company to market a service so that these partners do not call you)than they are compelled to give to the government.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Used to have a acanner that would pick up cell calls, fun at first, pretty damn boring after ten minutes, <br /><br />Hope they have fun listening to all your calls, I actually feel sorry for anyone that has this job

Twidget

Commander

PW2, according to the phone company when my wife calls her Dad in Germany, its international rates.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You are correct, PW2. I had my definitions screwed up. I was thinking that they are not covered under any laws governing domestic surveillance. That is what the antis keep calling domestic spying.<br /><br />The language error I was referrring to is the screeeching about "domestic" spying that is not taking place.<br /><br />Then I get terms mixed up myself. :(

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

If you think Bush is Evil then you should worry.<br /><br />If you think Bush is doing what he thinks is best for the country then you have nothing to worry about.<br /><br />Funny how people wont have a problem with this spying if there was judicial oversight. Do you really believe that all judges are 100% perfect and cant be evil too???<br /><br />Ken

Bob Fort

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm with PW2 on this issue. Listen all you want to my calls, check my library book records, do whatever is necessary;just have someone else/independent determining what's necessary....