1975 vip?

cliff_f

Recruit
This is my first post on the forum but I am just.... maybe getting my first boat and it is a fixer upper.

I found what I believe to be a 1975 VIP around 15ft.(I do not have pictures and I have not been able to find any pictures similar to the type of boat I am looking at getting) With a Electic Seahorse outboard motor. The boat has not ran in years but the main haul of the boat seems to be in good condition. The boat is really going to have to have everything torn out of it and replaced. I am very handy and I plan on doing all the work my self. I am hoping I can get some advise on where to find some parts and help with question I have as I build it. I found this boat in a back yard and I am going to get it,with trailer for $50. The only thing is I have don't know how hard or how much it is going to cost to get a title. The guy does not have a title. It is registered in his fathers name and he has passed away. I am just debating on if this boat is worth perusing or if it is going to be a money pit. I am just wanting to fix it up so the wife and I will have a fishing boat. I really dont think I can go wrong for $50 unless it is going to cost me a arm and a leg to get the title and the tags up to date.

Lightnig

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1975 vip?

you might be able to get some info regarding titling the boat if you post where you are. Laws and regulations vary by state/province, so are are tougher and more expensive to get in some locations than in others.

In some locations, getting the boat titled without proper transfer from a previous owner may be more time, effort and pain than its worth to you.

cliff_f

Recruit
Re: 1975 vip?

I am going to go to the tag agency first thing Monday and find out what it is going to require. I hope I am able to get the boat. It would be a fun project to work on. I might spend a little more then what it would cost to just buy a boat but I can make the boat mine in the looks and interior.