Canadian Evinrude/Johnson parts suppliers

FDenny

Seaman Apprentice
Is there any independant suppliers (other than Evinrude/Johnson dealers ) in Canada that Canadians can order parts for older engines from. I find original Evinrude/Johnson parts quite pricey compared to some of the US prices.

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Canadian Evinrude/Johnson parts suppliers

You could check with your local NAPA dealers, some carry outboard parts. The dealers that do and that is certainly not all in Canada will have a 400+ page marine catalog. I found one dealer out of four in my area that carried parts. Most if not all parts are from sierra so you will need to have an OMC part number and then find the matching sierra part number or spend alot of time looking through their catalog. You could ask if they have an old catalog mine did not but is saving his current one for me when his new one comes in. I mostly just order gaskets as i can get them for about the same price as in the US without having to pay shipping, duty and conversion fees which can make a $5 gasket cost me $25.

kencat

Seaman

FDenny,

Are you asking about On-line dealers for ordering on the net? Don't know of any but it would be nice if there were. Makes shipping easier....no duties.

I find most of the marine dealers, BRP and non-BRP here will have access to the Sierra parts and can get them in within a few days. Haven't compared prices to the USA but we always seem to pay more for everything anyway.

Koldfusion

Recruit

3 years later is there still any in Canada? $30 shipping for a $20 part hurts.