Pressure tank fuel line connector

asdasc

Senior Chief Petty Officer
OK, NOW I realize what a mistake I made. I have 2 pressure tanks for my 58 Johnson 18HP on the pontoon boat. The other day the tank that wasn't hooked up dropped it's hose off the back of the boat and the fuel hose got wrapped around the prop, cutting off the end.

I recalled that replacing them was expensive, so I really looked for it in the 5' deep water. No luck. I just looked up the replacement cost and it is $136!!

Any idea's where to find a cheaper one?

There is nothing steel inside there, so a magnet won't help me find it either, right? I guess I can check on the one I have left.

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: Pressure tank fuel line connector

I'll gladly sell you one for half that.

asdasc

Thanks, yes, i have been watching that one on eBay.

R.Johnson, I appreciate the offer, but it is still a little rich for my wallet! :)

I am also looking for them on craigslist. Every now and then someone is selling an old tank.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Find a local AOMCI chapter in your area. I see them there there at the swap meets for $10-$20 or so every so often. Either go to a meet or post an ad on their website...

greatoutdoors

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Check on ebay for "dual line pressurized tank" or "2 line tank". I've seen them sold on there with the lines and connector for $40-60. Some people don't realize they're that expensive. You could always just hook the lines up directly under the cowl. Works fine for me. Just takes a little longer to disconnect it if I want to.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Or you could add a fuel pump and a $5 single line connector!

asdasc

Thanks guys for the ideas. I have considered them all. The beauty is that I have 2 good pressure tanks and could easily swap them on the lake. It was great never having to worry about running out of gas. I always kept a quart bottle with 25oz of oil, so when one tank ran dry, I swapped the connectors and was under way in no time. Then next stop to the gas dock and pump in 5 gallens with the oil and I had my next back up.

I will check the club meets, I have another coming up soon here, I think. I have been watching garage sales around the island and asking also. Even a rusted through tank with a good connector will help me.

By the way, the one on eBay sold for $36 plus $8.05 shipping.