Electronics or boat?

Yellowhair

Recruit
I have an Eagle Fish Elite 480 on the console of my 700LX Nitro and an Eagle Fishmark 320 on the bow. A few weeks ago the 480 began powering on by itself...the backlighting would flash and it would beep rapidly. Now the 320 has started powering on by itself. Dont know how old the units are, they were on the boat when I bought it last year. Seems odd that both would have the same problem a few weeks apart. Any Ideas?

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Electronics or boat?

My A60 started doing funky things,brought it to THE GPS STORE here in OIB,man hooked it up to a volt meter and said the unit was getting too much juice, So..hook up a volt meter see what it reads, also there should be a option on your main menu to check incoming voltage. Seems the regulator on my Suzuki was putting out too much power.also, do you have them hooked up straight to the battery..or a BUSS bar?

Yellowhair

Recruit

I'll check the incoming voltage. Both are hooked directly to the battery. Thanks.

Splat

Lieutenant

Pull your battery connections and clean them. Looking at them is not good enough.

Bad connections can cause the voltage to flucriate off and on rapidly and this pulse can reak havoc on electronics, especially ones with a warm start electronics.

Bill

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'll check the incoming voltage. Both are hooked directly to the battery. Thanks.

Not good, electronics need to be hooked to a BUSS bar, as SPLAT stated , too much fluctuation..surging..plus they pick up alot of interference..uncool..wire up a BUSS pop a few fuses in..use the stock wire out of the unit going to the BUSS, Any type of electronics are very sensitive, its easy to fry them. Or at least **** them off.