key on tilt goes up???

salmonite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
As soon as i turn my key on my 115 johnson ficht the tilt trim brings the prop up and the only way to shut it off is to remove key or hit the down switch on my controls. Thoughts?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: key on tilt goes up???

Post your question in the Johnson/Evinrude forum.

salmonite

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Really, I thought it would be an electric question. Regardless of the motor it could happen to anyone on any motor with electric tilt and trim :).

flargin

Chief Petty Officer

I think the reason Silvertip is recommending it, is the control and the trim controls are specific to the type of motor, and they will have a better response. We would be able to give generic advice, the other forum would be able to isolate the problem because of the specific knowledge.

For example, I know for my Mercruiser, there is no relationship between the key and the trim, but there is a relationship between the trim sending unit and the trim switches... but you don't have a trim sending unit on your Johnson. So the basic designs are different.

Good luck.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Correct! Is suggested the J/E forum because even though the question is electrical, it is engine specific and there are folks on that forum that are very familiar with the specifics of your engine whether it is mechanical or electrical. The electrical forum is for general "boat" related electrical issues.