93 60hp Johnson "no spark"

I have a 1993 Johnson 60hp (TJ60TLETD)

The motor is getting no spark at the plugs, Changed the plugs ((QL77 JC-4) I did a compression test,did a Continuity test on my ignition,tested my voltages. all are good. Could a starter solenoid cause a no spark case? I ordered a manual for the motor and they sent the wrong one, So I am waiting for the rite one. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 93 60hp Johnson "no spark"

Your engine has a power pack on it for the ignition. Make sure all electrical connections are clean and tight. I don't think the starter solenoid is causing your problem. When you get your manual follow the trouble shooting section. Let us know what you find.

chumchange

Cadet

I have an older Johnson, and I had the same problem- no spark, good compression, fuel, etc. Turns out, the ignition switches can go bad where the black w/yellow wire (kill switch) gets power and shut off before you even start. If you unscrew it from the ignition switch, try firing it up. Maybe it will be as simple as that. (Hopefully!) By the way, if it starts running, don't panic, take a pair of needle nose and touch the black/yellow wire to power.
Good Luck!

HybridMX6

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just check the kill switch first, make sure it's clipped in, and if it is, perhaps pull it out and stick it back in a few times, just to be sure. I've heard of many people being fooled b/c that was unplugged and/or bad, causing the same problem you are describing.