Most impressive site...and growing!

steve forsythe

Petty Officer 1st Class
Look back at the 85 or 86 page and look at the response totals. Almost all 0-3 responses! As you go to the newer posts around page 50 you got more responses like 5-10 per post. Now a days you get a lot of posts with 10-20-30 or even 40 responses!!! This site has the pottential of being the largest on line!

ehenry

Commander
Re: Most impressive site...and growing!

I personally think this is a great site. Some of the guys here have a wealth of knowlege and the best part is.....they don't mind sharing it!!!! Most of the marine mechanics I've run across won't share the grease off their wrench, but then again I can understand that cause its money they won't make if they share too much knowlege with you.

steve forsythe

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a very firm belief that a mechanic that gives me advice and is not looking to get paid everytime he talks to me, will get my business IF i like and belive what i hear. It is like any other business, if you are a contractor you show your previous work to show what you can do, i believe that a mechanic can show me what he can do by offering tips, advice, or a little free knowlege. I absolutly believe in paying for someones time, and if i spend my money with you, you should help me out on my little problems if you can. Off my soapbox now.

Spur

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This is an awesome site, you guys are great. I am really thankful for the info I have got from you folks. Cant wait till my motor breaks again so I can learn some more from ya! :D

ehenry

Commander

Couldn't agree with you more Purse*Snatcher. There is only one Merc mechanic in this area and he is a good guy. He helped me out greatly on a rebuild of a lower unit on a 73' model Merc 500 I use to have. He still gets my business that I don't feel comfortable doinog myself and he gets all my parts business.

ODDD1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

EF...sorry to hear you ran across so many tight lipped tech's....I always thought good advice was the best advertising I could get!

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Roger that ODDD1,<br />I was a heating & air conditioning contractor for a lotta years and the best advertising in the world was fixing some guy's a/c over the phone at midnight and still 95+ deg. outside. They luv ya for it.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />hooty