Have You?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Broken a Ford Lately? Yes I did :D I'm so used to things breaking, it doesn't upset me anymore. Thursday evening, I was using my bucket truck to remove some tree branches that were infested with tent worms. I was in the bucket and needed the truck moved back about 15 feet. Son in law got in and goosed the throttle and moved the truck where I needed it.

I got done trimming those pesky worm ate branches away and went to put my truck away. I put it into drive and gave it a bit of fuel and it sounded like the rear end was about to come out. I got it parked in the driveway and found that I have two broken "U"bolts (one on each side to the rear of the axle) that holds the rear end to the springs. I can't figure out why they broke as nothing was stressed anymore than what has been done in the past. I'm just glad it didn't do it while out on the job or hauling out my boat.

The previous time I used the truck, the cheap plastic door handle broke off.

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Have You?

Those bolts are pretty beefy, even in the rust belt I've seen any U bolts rust through. The F series rear spring shackles and spring hangers like to rust out, in the rust belt anyway. All the stuff from the tires kicks junk up on that stuff and keeps it corroding, its just heavy sheetmetal.

Good luck to ya and those cheap plastic pull up door handles were prone to breaking, weird thing the new Chev trucks use handles that operate and look almost identical to what Ford started using in 1980. :redface:
Obama Motors, Viva la Revolution. :rolleyes: