Please help!!! 350 Mag fuelie problem!!!

chazzer

Recruit
Hi

I have a 2004 21' Caravelle intercepter with a 350 mag, fuel injected, and a bravo 1 out drive.

I had the boat out at the dealer and the alarm started to ring constantly while on a test run after a service. Engine began to go into a shut down mode, and the rpm's dropped. I Limped it back to shore and shut the boat off. Started the boat and the alarm cleared. Once I attempted to get the boat on plane again, the boat went into alarm again and it started to sputter and caugh.

I ended up leaving the boat there and had more tests performed. Turns out the EMS says, there is low oil pressure. The mechanic changed the sensor and the same problem occured. This happend three times with the same out come. He then tried a mechanical gauge and found the pressure was fine. Never less then 22lbs.

I needed the boat for the weekend so the mechanic made a sensor with a grease fitting to apply pressure to the sensor. This was just to get the boat running for the weekend.

Through out the weekend the problem would occur only somtimes but more offen then not. Shut the key off, turn the engine back on and it would be fine again.

I just want the boat to run like it should. I tried everything I know and cant figure it out.

I dont want to replace the main board if I dont have to. I heard of a $1500 dollar hit in canada for it. :eek:

Please help!!!

Chaz

jtybt

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Please help!!! 350 Mag fuelie problem!!!

One of the problems with all this dang fancy stuff. More things can go wrong. Could be a bad connection.

I'm not sure how the sending unit works...but try grounding the sending unit wire and see if the alarm goes off...or on.

chazzer

Recruit
Re: Please help!!! 350 Mag fuelie problem!!!

Thank you

I will try that.

Anyone else???

Chaz