Oil drain hose and Bilge plug combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodnator

Cadet
Hello all getting ready to repower my 20 foot celebrity from a 305 to a 350 purchased from Rapido marine. Engine is built and is almost ready to install. Some where in my travels and I don't know where, I came across an oil drain hose connected to a standard brass bilge plug with a short chain. just remove the plug pull the chain out comes the oil drain hose, drain oil and reverse. I've fould many hoses but can't remember where this well thought out combo came from. If anyone has seen I'd like to give one a try. Thanks
:cool:

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Oil drain hose and Bilge plug combo

Howdy,

I bought this one from Overtons.
26163_M1.jpg

I don't try to get it thru the transom drain though. It won't fit. It doesn't matter since I use a Moeller oil "sucker (also from Overtons) to drain it. It drains the oil in about 2 min hot or cold. Absolutely no mess or drips at all!
74918_M1.jpg

Cheers,

Rick

jtybt

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I got a bad feeling when I heard Rapido Marine. I seem to associate it with big headaches by another boater. Is this in Florida?

cr2k

Captain

Those drain hoses work fine if you have overnite for it to drain. You need to warm it up real good for them to work. Oil suckers rule.

Bondo

Staff member

I got a bad feeling when I heard Rapido Marine.

Ayuh,... Raul gets Rave reviews here,... There's quite a few posters running his motors...

Rodnator

Cadet

Thanks everyone, my boat lives on a trailer and has not been in the water yet this year as it new to me, and it required a complete floor overhall and a new engine. Almost ready to go. I got the name of Rapido from this forum and got the impression that he was quite reputable. My dealings with him have been very professional he is very knowedgeable, willing to go above and beyond in my opinion. I had started this project back in April only to be rudely interupted by lumbar fusion back surgery that took 100 days out of my work schedule but allowed me to concentrate on small details that didn't require any lifting. Finding every part that I needed to aquire on ebay, or through routes connected with Ebay. I have been doing alot of floor work since I have felt much better the last month or so. Can't wait to get in the water. Thanks for all of the advice that I have received from all of you, even if I was reading your response to someone else.
Rod
:D

jones3

Recruit

I had nothing but great service and a great engine to back it up!! A+ Rapido Marine. I enjoyed my summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.