First boat

meade

Recruit
New to the forums and just recently purchased my first boat, 1999 Sea Ray 180BR - 3.0 4 cyl. I will say that I have much to learn but the past two weeks my kids and I have had alot of fun.

I looked at quite a few before coming across this one. It was a one owner boat taken very good care of.

boat1.jpg

boat4.jpg

boat3.jpg

boat5.jpg

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: First boat

Real beauty you got there!! Good for you!! I hope you get as much fun out of yours as we do ours, used boats always will have problems later(hopefully minor) Read the STICKY's and ADULTS ONLY on top of the page, lots of helpful info, congrats on your purchase, now get out there and take lots of pics of you guys on the water!! We like pics!! What no boat name on the stern??:D Ohh and welcome to Iboats, hope to see ya out here often.

oshkoshboating

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice - I like the tan trimmin's. Looks to be in great shape!

Hey, is that pool in the background where you drive with the family?

:D

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

Looks nice and clean!

Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nice boat. My uncle has a similar SeaRay but it's a 175 also with the 3.0 (and not as well appointed as yours). He's been using the hell out of it since 1995 when he bought it new mainly for watersports and it's been a reliable and fairly problem free boat. Good luck with it.

Shouldn't Have

Seaman Apprentice

I too, at one point had the 1995 175, with the 3.0, which is what the 180 was modeled after. I loved that boat, just out grew it with family and wanting to have something bigger for Lake Erie. Sold it to my cousin last year and he too is now loving it as much as my family did.

Enjoy!

You'll make some mistakes along the way, we all do. Just invest in the manuals and keep up the maintenance it will keep you happy for a long time.

bad_boy

Banned

Nice boat, I had the same boat for a few years and we loved it, just needed something bigger. Great boat to learn on, people will tell you that the 3.0 is too small for watersports, don't believe them, they are just jealous of the gas mileage...