penta SX trailer setting

daymienrules

Cadet
Boat: 1999 wellcraft 175ss- volvo penta sx-4.3 v6.

I have problem with the drive sitting too low when on the trailer. I have it trimmed full out and I still can't get out of alot of driveways without an unacceptable amount of scraping. I've got the hitch down as far as I can go while still being able to get the trailer off the front jack. As a temporary fix I've had to adjust the trailer bunks as high up as they'll go, to get the whole boat about 4 inches higher. This has created a secondary problem of the bunk bolts slipping, then one bunk drops down, and the boat is crooked on the trailer. No amount of lock-tite, lock washers, and bolt torqued has fixed that one. So I'd like to drop the bunks back down and fix it the right way.

Over the past few weeks I've seen a number of boats around with the same drive, but trimmed out MUCH further than I can go. Their props are 45deg up or more. I assume these boats have "trailer" setting in their trim adjustment, which I do not. Is there a way to add this feature? Is my boat even capable of this feat though it does not have a switch wired in?