Mercruiser,"97 Alpha 1 Gen 2. What is chrome ball in upper drive shaft water jacket?

CPOAE

Cadet
Mercruiser,"97 Alpha 1 Gen 2. What is chrome ball in upper drive shaft water jacket?

Does anyone know what is this chrome ball bearing looking part, in the water jacket of the upper drive shaft housing, behind the vertical shaft. I found this corroded chrome ball bearing. I can't find a picture of it in my manual. The exploded view don't list it. Does anyone know what it is? If so, how do I get it out to clean it up. It looks like its at the top of the oil passage, but it's in the bottom of the water cavity, on the left front corner, looking from the drive shaft aft, below the stuffer plug. Sure would like to know what it is and how to get at it. .:confused::confused:

CPOAE

Cadet
Re: Mercruiser,"97 Alpha 1 Gen 2. What is chrome ball in upper drive shaft water jack

Re: Mercruiser,"97 Alpha 1 Gen 2. What is chrome ball in upper drive shaft water jack

Thanks for looking guys,

I found the answer the chrome ball is a plug that the used to close the hole that was put in during machining. It's not suppose to come out or be messed with. This may help someone else with the same question.