maxum bites the dust

45Auto

Commander
Re: maxum bites the dust

That will only leave them building about 20 or so different brands of essentially identical boats .....

Guess that'll be one less question on the forums: "What's better, Maxum or XXX?".

RoyR

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, that's sad....couldn't afford a new one anyway, thank god I got 5.0l V8, ) and the integrated swim step, love the boat.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you are going to see them drop a lot more. over 70% of Florida boat builders are closed.

werthert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Crap, from all the pictures I've seen, the 3000 SCR is so big inside for it's size, and I loved the wrap-around couch and angled v-berth! Arg.

Even the 2700 SCR had a big interior for it's size! That angled v-berth is awesome!

EDIT: So with all the closures/vacations, etc, do you guys think used prices will go up next few years like they say will happen with used cars?

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, in Florida, at least around me, they have the plants for Pro-Line in Pinellas County and Chris-Craft in Sarasota. I know Pro-Line has taken a small "vacation" and I have not seen much going on at the Chris-Craft facility, either. That's a shame, as they are both great boats.

sho3boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Going to be a hard road for boats and RVs. They closed the 4 winns here in MI, sold out Baja, not much left here for smaller boats. Indiana is hurting, the capitol of RVs. Not much to look forward to either. MI used to be #1 in boat registrations and was I think #5 last time I looked just in the last decade or so. Automakers had a lot to do with that I bet. Also closed the brunswick bowling ball plant here and moved it to Mexico. Last I heard Mercury was closing their huge plant in WI. Only the large yacht builders seem to be doing ok, as the rich are not that affected.

BumbleBeeTuna

Seaman

I think it's a shame. I felt the Maxum fit perfectly between the Bayliners and SeaRays.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

I think it's a shame. I felt the Maxum fit perfectly between the Bayliners and SeaRays.

I agree. Maxum made a beautiful boat with their own little ingenius design characteristics. I always liked em, my dad still has a 2300 and loves it.

Bluepike

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wow!

Last week I went out fishing on my boat. This week I am going fishing on my classic boat. Maybe I'll drive my Oldsmobile (another classic) to the marina.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, in Florida, at least around me, they have the plants for Pro-Line in Pinellas County and Chris-Craft in Sarasota. I know Pro-Line has taken a small "vacation" and I have not seen much going on at the Chris-Craft facility, either. That's a shame, as they are both great boats.

At Pro-Line, which BTW, is in Homosassa (Citrus County), we are back from "vacation", albeit a small crew, and we are building boats as we do have orders. Things are looking up for us, and we intend to keep it that way.

BTW, that "vacation" was one I could do without!