Failed Trip

Cavalier

Cadet
In tis part of our wonderful planet it has rained for about 19 of the last 21 days, and it rained on saturday the day we were going to the lake so we have postponed until this saturday here's hoping.<br />cheers pest :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Failed Trip

Ahoy, Pest. Two thoughts for you:<br /><br />1. You were born wet. You have been wet thousands of times since then. Has it done you any harm? :D <br /><br />2. Anywhere it rains that much, I would be sure to have good rain wear in which I could remain comfortable while boating/fishing in the rain. :) <br /><br />Just think, you would have the ramp all to yourself, and probably the water, too. <br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

LOL,JB. Yes, Pest. We have a "monsoon Season" here too. It's a real downer. You just reach a point when you say. "THAT IS IT!! I CAN NOT WATCH ANOTHER DAY OF TV!!!"..<br />And you hook up the boat,and say, "MOMMA,GRAB THE PICNIC BASKET,WATER PROOF THE BUGGER,AND GET IN THE TRUCK.WE ARE OUTTA HERE!".<br />Sometimes ,once you get past the chill of it, it is pretty neat. I used to use this approach on my motorcycle too. Many times, I would be riding alone, but what the heck?<br />I was riding, and not watching guys ride on TV.

petryshyn

Commander

I feel so sorry for you guys...............NOT!!<br /><br />Its -20f with 6" of snow here.....even the sled dogs are restless!<br /> :eek: :eek:

Cavalier

Cadet

Oops sorry I spoke but it is meant to be summer here and 28-35 deg C not 12 -15 anyway this weekend sound more promising so will try again.<br />Cheers Pest :)

wippb

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Like the saying goes, " A bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work" and since there are five days of work and only 2 days of possible fishing I'll take the rain. Some of the best fishing days I've had have been in the POURING rain. The only thing that makes me come in is when it blows up white caps and it starts flashing and banging. The anchor won't hold and it's harder to cast up wind.

Grizzly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Take up crappie fishing. They're so dumb, they don't KNOW that it's raining. Life is good! :p -G.