merc 50hp no water comming out pee hole

phil_26

Cadet
I have a 50hp merc and de water pump impeller just shredded too pieces......i put another one in it and i can't get water and the pee hole ........can it be clog???......and how do you fix this??

79XLT

Cadet
Re: merc 50hp no water comming out pee hole

I use to be a Mercury Mechanic long ago and saw this many times. What most likely has happened is a piece of the old impeller went up in to the cooling system of the motor. You can try blowing air back through the "pee hole" to see if will dislodge. Otherwise it you may need to remove cooling jacket covers to locate it and remove it. Just be sure your new pump is pumping properly before doing anything else. Good Luck.

phil_26

Cadet

tryed blowing air din't work .......ill remove de bottom unit again to check de pump again .......and if it not de pump ill have tu remove de cooling jacket you said ....where are they locate???......not familliar whit baot motor...thx

coolguy147

Commander

dude type normal hard to read

ok well the water jacket is the thing where the spark plugs r the head kinda

phil_26

Cadet

Sorry for my english dude!!!!.....i rarely type in english or speak...anyway thx for the info!!

coolguy147

Commander

oh sorry man my bad:D ur comp might have a spell checker?

ya its basically the thing the water jacket where the plugs r and there is about 8 bolts or more. u might have to get a new gasket for the jacket?

saumon

Lieutenant

L/U HAD to be removed when you blowback air if you want the pieces to exit the system.

While removed, check that the key is in place on the driveshaft and, when you replace it, make sure that the water tube is lined properly.

BTW, on 1990-current inline 3, there's no water cover to access the water passages...

phil_26

Cadet

well thx alot guys just finished on the motor and its working just fine now......had some rubber part in the covers........well thx again ....TTL...Phil.