B100 Water in Gear case and Crank case

kdlabca

Recruit
Hello

I have a B100 - 1202409, does anyone know the year?

I bought it 2 year ago and the last owned rebuilt the top, it is in awsome shape.
She runs like a champ but i just checked the crank case and lower unit and found water in the oil. I changed the oil and ran it in the back yard in a bucket of water, after about 20 minutes I let it cool down and dumpped the oil. The New oil had water in it both in the top and bottom. Any suggestions?

I love this motor, but cant afford to drop a grand to have th dealer fix it, hope someone can help me out

Thanks

Kyle

tmaken2157

Cadet
Re: B100 Water in Gear case and Crank case

Sounds like the rebuild missed something either a seal (lower end) or gasket or both, try a search of this forum for water in crank case and you'll find some info I'm sure. You can buy a service book on cd from a fellow on ebay for 9.95 shipping included, it covers your motor.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

The gearcase and crankcase are separate units on this engine with only the drive and shiftshaft as common moveing parts but no lube shared betweenn the two.Concentrate on where that contamination is occuring in the powerhead then look at the gearcase.

kdlabca

Recruit

Thanks, I ordered the Honda Service Manual, I will strip it down and see whats missing.