1988 Cruisers Rogue 2800 - Balsa core or not?

TheLucille

Cadet
I'm looking at a Cruisers Inc Rogue 2800, and heard it may be a balsa core which would be more of a risk than I'm willing to take on. As a final requirement I will need a survey and sea trial, however in the meantime can you tell me if the 88 2800 was balsa-cored?

I know balsa was used by Cruisers in the 80s, need something a bit more definite than that without drilling this early in the process :)

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1988 Cruisers Rogue 2800 - Balsa core or not?

hi....welcome to i boats. :)

sorry...im not framilliar with the boat or the company....

however....unless its a blow boat...(a sail boat) a balsa core is really rare...its possible....but very rare.....in the 80's manufacturers were in there hayday with the chopper gun.

cheers
oops

TheLucille

Cadet
Re: 1988 Cruisers Rogue 2800 - Balsa core or not?

hi....welcome to i boats. :)

sorry...im not framilliar with the boat or the company....

however....unless its a blow boat...(a sail boat) a balsa core is really rare...its possible....but very rare.....in the 80's manufacturers were in there hayday with the chopper gun.

cheers
oops

Thanks, I had heard Cruisers and Sea Ray experimented with balsa in the 70s and 80s in quite a few boats. I called Cruisers this morning and it's definitely a balsa core, and he said "pretty much" all boats made in that time period by Cruisers Inc were.