Saved an old Sea Ray from the saw....

martyh

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My brother talked me into dragging home a 1972 Sea Ray SRV 240 Weekender for him yesturday.

The story is, I placed an add online looking for an older Sea Ray boat with a flybridge to resurrect. I got a response from a guy that had a Weekender. He was trying to figure out what to do with it as it was his dads and he had passed away recently. He explained to me that it was definitely a project that would need a lot of work. We drove over to look at it and I had to agree, it needs work.

It has what appears to be a rebuilt ford 302 for an engine, and as of right now the outdrive and gimble housing are missing. We are looking at other engine drive options since it?s all apart

So, in the mean time, I guess I have been volunteered to help with this project until I find my flybridge model. Will keep you updated on the progress.

100_1526.jpg

100_1531.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Saved an old Sea Ray from the saw....

Gorgeous old boat. Would be worth the effort to fix up. If it came with that sweet trailer then someone should send the cops after you :)

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice find. See a lot of 302 drive packages on the Seattle Crigs all the time! That hull will make a great salmon slayer:)

martyh

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Don't tell anyone but it did come with the trialer. It had been sitting for almost 12 years so it did need work before moving it.

Salmon fishing was the whole reason behind the boat. The g/f and I have spent a few weekends on the docks at Westport and it's so depressing watching other boats come in with big fish. So, we decided to find our own boat.

As I mentioned in the first post I was looking for a flybridge model and this weekender showed up and my brother couldn't say no to it. Guess he will owe me a couple of trips in it...