wet plug problem

cadet917

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i have a 25hp evinrude with a single needle carb. No matter wut i do with the needle the engine just smokes and studders and when i pull the plugs they are soaked with fuel. I have cleaned and rebuilt the carb. Im thinking this is gonna be a needle and seat problem inside the bowl? does this sound about right?

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: wet plug problem

Yep that sounds logical. What I don't get, is over and over I hear this, I just rebulit my carbs and now it's still flooding out, think the needle and seat could be bad.... what the heck, do you guys just clean it and put a new gasket on the bowl and call it rebuilt?

cadet917

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ya haha i just cleaned it i didnt rebuild it... im gonna order a rebuild kit from iboats today... is the sierra kit better than the other one offered on here?

a70eliminator

Captain

Nope, I would not say one is better than the other, but some are more complete than others, you have to watch about that and don't expect any of them to come with a float either.

cadet917

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i dont need a float, mine is perfect. one kit is about $2 cheaper so i thought there might be a difference.