Running lights...I know i know...

skongolf

Seaman
I know this has been adressed, but I have a question. All the lights on my trailer work except the running lights. Since the running lights at the front of the trailer don't come on does that mean the issue is in between the plug and those lights or could it be elsewhere? I read all the posts and an trying to think what is best to do. How can you test power to each light or what is the best way without detatching the light?
Thanks in advance.

benny429

Cadet
Re: Running lights...I know i know...

I think I have rewired 3 out of 4 boat trailers soon after buying them. Probably about as quick as trouble shooting each light - for me anyway.

nlain

Commander

The running lights are powered by the same wire that powers the taillights. Your problem is at the light or where the wire for the light is attached to the tl wire. Probably the light or light bulb, some of the running lights you just change the light cause you can't change the bulb. I would get a test light and check for power in the wire and then look at the ground wire to be sure it is good also.

can-amsledder

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When you say all the light work except the running light I?m assuming that the tail lights are not working too??? The first thing to check is for power coming out of the tow vehicle. My truck has separate fuses for each circuit of the trailer lights and your problem could be as simple as that. If the tow vehicle checks out have a good look at the plug on the trailer, make sure there are no broken wires going into the plug. Then just keep following the wires back from there. Test at the first light the wire comes to and keep going from there. It?s the brown wire that?s for the running lights if I remember correctly!

LIQUID PROZAC

Petty Officer 1st Class

ditto-always diag from beginning[tow vehicle]-probably a simple fuse