I/O Engine Compartment - Cargo Net for Storage?

83Evinrude

Petty Officer 1st Class
Where can I get the cargo net I see alongside some I/O engines?

I would like to take advantage of the unused storage in the engine compartment. Not really an I/O problem but I hoped the experts here might know.

Thanks.

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: I/O Engine Compartment - Cargo Net for Storage?

I'm sure you could order through the mfg but that would be rather spendy. Might try a bungee type net I saw a bunch of different sized ones at harbor freight. A tailgate net might also work or even go to a junkyard as a lot of station wagon type cars had them for the rear cargo area. I had an old trampoline enclosure that was a huge net I have cut it up and used it for all kinds of things, has been very handy. I made a cargo net for my open bow to haul stuff that I made out of the tramp enclosure it is a custom fit net and works great.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

cut a couple of pieces of marine plywood, attach them with a hinge, and cover them with either carpet or some type of bedliner. If yo carpet them you will have the exact setup my stingray came new with. Use a hook to hold them up, then drop them down when you want to work on the engine.

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

I've got the glastron nets in my boat. They really don't do much because they are too elastic, in fact the dealer said a lot of his customers put big rubbermaid tubs in there to hold their gear in place. I am planning on doin that, some standard silicon should hold it in place, while still allowing me to remove it if need be.

Ian