Mw 35gg-9015a

bil_rankin

Cadet
Can you help me locate a set of piston rings and any new carb parts that may be available for the above MW engine. It is a 2 cylinder 2 stroke 5 HP I believe,l 2 years ago it ran fine now it wont pull gas through the carb. It will run fine if you put gas in the spark plig holes or directly into the carb throat. Please help my little boat that could needs its power back

samo_ott

Vice Admiral
Re: Mw 35gg-9015a

I do not recognize that model. What is it?

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Can you help me locate a set of piston rings and any new carb parts that may be available for the above MW engine. It is a 2 cylinder 2 stroke 5 HP I believe,l 2 years ago it ran fine now it wont pull gas through the carb. It will run fine if you put gas in the spark plig holes or directly into the carb throat. Please help my little boat that could needs its power back

If you really feel that it needs rings, they are part number 378432 (set of three rings for one cylinder). Any Evinrude dealer can get them for you if he doesn't already have them in stock. The same rings were used in 5.5 and 6hp Evinrudes for many years.

Most likely the main nozzle in the carburetor is gummed up from old gas. Those carburetors are super simple with not much to go wrong with them. Speaking of simple, please don't be offended by this simple suggestion: You DO have the gas turned on, right? That would be the oval knob below the big main knob. I can suggest that because I have done dumber things.

bil_rankin

Cadet

Thanks for all your help folks. I cleaned the jet coming into the venturi with a small piece of wire and it started feeding gas and runs like a top again. Amazing 56 years old, starts on second pull and runs like a top. Just a little under powered for the boat is on. What is this thing worth if I put it up for sale? Any input would be appreciated.

1953 MW 5 h.p. 35GG-9015A

Last edited:

bil_rankin

Cadet
Re: Mw 35gg-9015a Sea King Gale?

On the right hand side of the little sea king 35GG-9015A engine that I just got running there is a lever thet moves up and down from 12:00 position to 3:00 oclock position connected to a cable that goes into the lower end of the engine. Can you tell me what this cable engages/disengages and what positio n it should be in for normal engine operation.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

On the right hand side of the little sea king 35GG-9015A engine that I just got running there is a lever thet moves up and down from 12:00 position to 3:00 oclock position connected to a cable that goes into the lower end of the engine. Can you tell me what this cable engages/disengages and what positio n it should be in for normal engine operation.

For the answer to this one, see the other thread that you started.