Lark 2 fuel pump diagram?

bashr52

Chief Petty Officer
Evinrude has diagrams for everything on their site except the fuel pump. I took mine off to check the condition of the diaphram, and now I dont remeber which spring goes where. I put it back together how I thought it went, and no gas is leaving it to the carb when priming. Anyone know how they should go?

Thanks

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lark 2 fuel pump diagram?

Evinrude has diagrams for everything on their site except the fuel pump. I took mine off to check the condition of the diaphram, and now I dont remeber which spring goes where. I put it back together how I thought it went, and no gas is leaving it to the carb when priming. Anyone know how they should go?

Thanks

Like this

Attachments

• Fuel pump for iboats.jpg
    Fuel pump for iboats.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0

bashr52

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lark 2 fuel pump diagram?

Darn that's the way I put it together. Pumping the bulb it gets nice and hard, but then nothing gets to the carb. Before I took it apart I took the line off the carb from the pump and cranked it with the line in a can to see the fuel flow. It barely produced anything. Is there not enough vacuum at cranking speed to work the pump, which is why you have to pressurize the system when starting? The engine will fire as long as there is gas poured directly into the carb, so I'm sure once the pump is working it will run under its own power no problem.