Rodbolt, or somebody, i need your help. (again)

jlw1972

Seaman Apprentice
1995 yamaha 200 txrt saltwater series- i am having oil injection issues. main tank on the engine will only fill to bottom line. i can fill it with the emergency switch so i know the pump and lines are good. replaced the sending unit on main tank last week with new one. made no difference. i bought the boat 3 weeks ago and the oil injection problem was there when i bought it. the previous owner relaced the yamaha gauges with teleflex gauges. not what i would have done but that's what it has. the trim gauge does not work. i need to know how to check the trim sensor. orange, pink ,and black wire. and also if the sensor is good, could the gauge be hooked up wrong and cause this problem. any help would be appreciated. Joey

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Rodbolt, or somebody, i need your help. (again)

I dont think teleflex ever made a trim guage for the 3 wire yamaha sender and yes its possible thats what is killing the transfer.
that motor DOES use the trim sender for automatic oil transfer.
orange to black should be 800-1200 Ohms.
pink to black should vary between 582 -873 ohms as the lever is moved from full down to full up.
best I recall the 5 volt reference voltage comes from the yamaha digital tach not the engine but memory on antiques is failing.

jlw1972

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Rodbolt, or somebody, i need your help. (again)

thanks Rodbolt. thats what i needed to know. i recieved the yamaha gauges that he removed in the mail today. he said they worked but the display was dim and hard to see. i'll check the trim sender and hook the original gauges back up. maybe this will fix the problem. i would like to keep my oil injection.thanks for all your help.

jlw1972

Seaman Apprentice
thank you Rodbolt (again)

thank you Rodbolt (again)

put the old gauges back in today. oil injection works just like it's supposed to.i owe you one Rodbolt. thanks for the help. Joey