Gamefisher 7.5hp

piggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a Gamefisher 15hp S/N 6028 Model 225581501. Need help, what year is it. Can not find much information on it. Were might I find an exploded view of this motor. Need some information, fuel inlet and primer pump also ignition. Any help or advice would be great. What other motor might crossover or have the same parts? (Johnson, Evinrude, etc.) Thanks

piggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Gamefisher 7.5hp

Sorry put wrong title should read Gamefisher 15hp. Senior moment

fishrdan

Admiral

sears.com or crowleymarine.com will have the info you are looking for

piggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the help. Sears. com was helpful but what I really need is a exploded view of motor. Any place on internet where I can find this? Or any other source. Thanks

fishrdan

Admiral

Unless the info for that S/N is not available, the 2 sites I listed should have the exploded diagrams, that's where I've looked up info for my outboards. They have exploded diagrams with key numbers, so you can look up the P/N's at the bottom of the page.

piggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks very helpful, not many parts available there. Is there a possiblity that since this is a 1989 model and was made by Force that some parts might cross over. Again thanks

fishrdan

Admiral

89, yeah it's a Force with Sears Gamefisher stickers on the cowl. Parts will cross, but most likely if they are NLA for the Gamefisher they will be NLA for the Force, or should I say Mercury. The P/N format is very close between Merc and Sears, so you should be able to search by the Merc P/N by dropping a digit or 2 off the sears P/N.

piggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Would I be correct in my thinking that a 15hp 1989 Gamefisher ignition and fuel parts would be th same as a force motor and there for also the same as a mercury of the same year and size. Thanks

fishrdan

Admiral

Yes and no. Force was bought out by Mercury so you can get Force/Gamefisher parts from your local Mercury dealer. They are not "Mercury" outboard parts, as in a 89 15HP Mercury is not the same thing as a 89 Force (Gamefisher) 15HP, though the parts bag will most likely be marked QuickSilver .

Best thing to do is look up the P/N and call the dealership with the P/N. Don't tell them you are working on a Sears Gamefisher outboard or they parts guy will get a glazed look in his eyes,,, been there, done that. They were assuming I was working on an old Eska style outboard that they don't source parts for and didn't want to even try to look up the parts.

In short

Force = Gamefisher
Mercury bought out Force
Force parts are available at Mercury dealerships
There are a lot of NLA (no longer available) Force parts
Iboats also has some Force parts

Best of luck getting it fixed.