newbie, '99 Waverunner XL1200

zannic

Recruit
new to forum, looking forward to learning as much as I can about my ski. I have adopted a '99 XL1200 due to jet pump problems which I've since repaired. Ski ran well when stored by prev. owner 1 year ago and runs "okay" (25-30 MPH) now. I've read a few posts regarding auto-oiler. Should I do away with it and mix myself? If so, what do I need to do to get rid of it? Also, the ski is not performing @ 100% power, feels like carb(s) are gummed up. Are they a "DIY" rebuild with moderate mechanic abilities? Thanks!

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: newbie, '99 Waverunner XL1200

well you really should rebuild the carbs and either replace the oil lines and clamps or remove the oil pump and go pre mix,, all you need to know is posted on the www.sbtontheweb.com web page under tec support it will give you info in the carbs and the oil block off,, plus they have all the parts for sale also

zannic

Recruit

Thanks for the info Jeff! Should I be focused on the Yamaha power valve system as well? I've read that the Yamaha system can cause issues sometimes as well. I'm tearin' her down now to get to the carbs ... Thanks!

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

see if someone already put the p v clips on them,, would imagine by now that has been done already,, but you never know.