Remote oil tank electrical issue. 2006 115TLR.

bshoni26

Recruit
Hi. I know the Precision-Blend oil injection system topic has been covered extensively. I've read a a bunch of the articles here and elsewhere and they helped. They just weren't specific enough.
I'm ok mechanically but when it comes to electronics I'm pretty lost.

The pump on my remote oil tank has stopped working. Initially it ran but needed the line filter changed. That worked for a bit and last week the pump seemed to die. The oil alarm went off and I had to open the engine cowling to manually fill the main tank. The remote tank pump didn't hum when I flipped the emergency switch. If I have to replace it I guess I will.

I'd like to get some specific, really detailed instruction on how to put a 12v power source to the correct wires on the pump itself to test if it's an electrical or mechanical problem.

**I'm baffled by electronics so I'd need some pretty detailed advice:
?What are jumper cables; what type to get; what to use as the power source; where to attach them on the power source; how to attach the leads then to the pump wires which are covered in plastic;? etc. I've got a manual on order from Yamaha. The engine is a 2006 115 TLR 2 stroke with 90 hours on it.

I read the article in Bass and Walleye too. Very helpful but again, not detailed enough for the super novice.
Thanks all. Any advice is truly appreciated.