1964 starcraft 14' fury rebuild

slredstorm62

Seaman
i have a 64 starcraft closed bow boat and i am looking for some tips on where i can get parts for it. it has no windshield or frame and i was wondering where i could get that and some new seats. thanks

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral
Re: 1964 starcraft 14' fury rebuild

Seats are pretty universal...just depends on what you prefer. A member or two of the Starcraft fleet club should be along soon to help you with the windshield question...off hand, I'd say you need to find another old boat with windshield intact or consider making one with lexan...there are some posts in this forum on that topic...search for windshield or replacing windshield. Never done it myself, but I've read posts where others have done it.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Welcome Aboard..

Another Starcraft...nice! Theres a couple of us hanging around here..

A 64 Starcraft can be anything....Theres a few different windshield styles depending on the model..

Do you know the model?
Length?

We love the pics around here..Helps a lot to help you and gives us something to look at.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Welcome to iboats and the Starcraft club ( once we see pics of the starcraft ) :D. The windshield on your boat would have been a rounded plexiglass/lexan windshield. Your windshield would have looked like the one on th bot in my avatar I will put a bigger pic in here so you can see .

DSCI0074.jpg

The seats are a little differant on such a small craft it would have most likely had one or two bench seats across it maybe we will get lucky and Northbeach will have a picture of what your boat looked like new. I think but wont swear he has that brochure :D.Some pics of your boat might help as well :D.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

Dangit Kev I was busy lookin for pics :p. Um also Kev look at the name of the thread :rolleyes:;):D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Dangit Kev I was busy lookin for pics :p. Um also Kev look at the name of the thread :rolleyes:;):D.

Rick

DOPE! 14 ft Fury..Ya know I yell at people here all the time that nobody reads......what an IDDDIOOOOTTTT!!!!!

least he isnt asking about a transom cap! LOL:eek:

Rickairmedic

Commander

ROFLMAO yeah I just Pm'd ya on that one :D:D.

Rick

slredstorm62

Seaman

i wil post some pics asap anybody have any good suggestions on what to do about speedometer and such?

Rickairmedic

Commander

Hey red a speedo in a boat is pretty much useless GPS is much more acurate :D. We will look forward to your pictures and be sure to check out the thread in the Starcrft forum on the get together next summer for Starcraft owners here .

http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Rick

slredstorm62

Seaman

well first thing is first, i need to rewire the whole boat and thats going to be a challenge because i am a car mechanic not a boat mechanic so things are different for me. for instance when i hook up my magneto wires to the ignition switch and turn it on they start to burn up any ideas???? also i need to find a used windshield for not a lot of money lol. ill get some pics up soon if somebody can show me how to post them. the boat is only rated for 30 hp. is this because of the weight of the motor on the transom or for safety purposes:D the boat only weight about 3-500 lbs and it has a west bend 35hp on it now

Last edited:

Rickairmedic

Commander

Red the top three threads in the non boating technical topics section deal with pictures . Heres a link for that.

http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

The wire issue I dont know much about either although I am planning to rewire mine just as it is wired now for the most part with a few changes .You might hve better luck in one of the outboard forums on the mageneto wireing issue .

The size of outboard is mostly to do with weight and stress on the transom you will be fine with the 35 horse as its only 5 horse over what your rated for :D.

Rick

bananaboater

Ensign

I just bought a 64 Starcraft Jet and it came with a 1964 complete brochure in great shape. Found your boat in it.

I just got it scanned today and I am sending them to RicAirMedic for him to post them to the Starcraft page which I often can't find! But hope to soon.

Am trying to attach the image into this message but it may not work.

Watch in the next day or two for the full brochure.

I am going to begin to search the boat stores in my area for salvage/parts/only Starcraft. I need a few things too.

My windshield is in great shape but you cannot have it. I can take pics of it in detail so you can see an original installation. Mine is on a tin hull but glass should not be much different mounting.

In this together.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Hey Banaana if you go back out to the main forum page and then go down to the alphabetic boat listings Starcraft is of course under S furthest row to the right third name down from the top :D.

Rick

North Beach

Commander

Here Ya Go:D

64Fury.jpg

I see those windshields on ebay sort of regularly and the trim is still made by taylormade-all the boat supply places have it.

And welcome to iboats!!

slredstorm62

Seaman

thats amazing haha a 45 year old brochure and that is deff my boat. i was thinking about maybe a bigger engine if this one doesnt work as long as the boat can take it. next time you guys see a windshield like that let me know. i will be more than glad to take a look at it.

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Red I see one every day when I walk out to the driveway :D. Evilbay is probably your best bet other than making your own out of Lexan.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

Oh yeah Northbeach is the Starcraft Brochure king around here :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

love the ad..
Plenty of room for FLOWERS????

WTH?? Maybe water lillies! lol:D

slredstorm62

Seaman

with your guys help i bet i could make my boat look just like that one (minus thejohnson motor) only problem is i am a young kid so money is a bit of a challenge for me. keep me posted on any good idead for the boat.:D next time anybody finds a windshield on ebay send me the like please i looked and found nothing

Last edited:

Rickairmedic

Commander

Red dont feel bad I am an old man who owns a heating and airconditioning company ( we have had 70* weather for the month of July ) its supposed to have been in the high 80's low 90's so I dont have any money either :D.

Rick