outdrive problem ??? HELP!!!

doggreen13

Seaman
i have a 79 browning aerocraft with a 140 mercruiser i/o it runs grate starts up fine the motor dosent miss a beat....but when i first get going the boat is real sluggish and slow it will only do about 8 mph for the first 15 min,Saturday i stopped put it in neutral then back in gear it was a little faster then over the next 60 seconds it finally came up to full speed witch is about 40mph then no problem for the rest of the day...i dont understand why the delay in speed ?
do i have an outdrive problem ?

thanks jim

ziggy

Admiral
Re: outdrive problem ??? HELP!!!

do i have an outdrive problem ?
that probably wouldn't be the first place i'd look to. i'd think more engine issue of some sort. have ya givin her a tune up lately? dwell and timed it? replaced any fuel filters?
how's the choke working. i let mine warm up till the chokes pulled off before i leave the dock. maybe your choke is still on... on my rig, when the chokes on, it runs a little rough till it pulls off. i've never tried to go while it's still on, but i'd guess it would have troubles if it was still closed..

doggreen13

Seaman
Re: outdrive problem ??? HELP!!!

thanks for the reply zig ...it runs like a top i just tuned it up nothing wrong with that motorit just bogs down for the first 10 min or so...if i stop and pull it out of gear it will rev right up...i sat at the dock for well over 10 min ideling ..
i dont what the hell is up with this thing...