linc@sync

RON SINCLAIR

Seaman
I Have A 93 Johnson 40e Am Attempting Linc &sync. Have Got As Far As Hooking Throttle Back.i Find That After Cable Is On &advance To Wot That Thecarb Throttleshaft Pins Arent Vertical, What Went Wrong?
Next Question, The Timing Marks Seem To Be In 2 Degree Inc, Which One Is 19?
Next One , I Have A Automotive Tac &dwell Meter .how &where Am I Suppose To Hook This Up To The Motor For Rpms? Hope This Is Clear. As I Have Not Worked On Any Thing Since I Got Rid Of The Old 68 Chev. Pu. Thanks Fot Any Help. Ron

wilde1j

Vice Admiral
Re: linc@sync

See "Timing" in "top secret file", pinned at the top of the post list.

RON SINCLAIR

Seaman

I Have Fowlled Them Directions Plus The Omc Manual .carb Pins Still Not Vertical With Throttle Advanced To Wot

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

I don't think the OMC manual says anything about timing w/o the motor running.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i use a timing light on 2 strokes, dwell and tach you have is for a 4 stroke distributor.

you need a 2 stroke tach or timing light with a tach.

19 is the small mark between 18 and 20, i put a little blob of 3m5200 on mine with i time them, using Joes Reeves method the blob need to go on 15, between 14 and 16.

at idle the butterfly is closed, at WOT the butterfly is horizonal, completely flat. i don't know what pin you are talking about.

RON SINCLAIR

Seaman

So If I Go Turu This Procedure, Will That Make The Carb Throttle Pins Vertical? Was Saving That Procudure Til After Linc &sync Was Completed

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ron. i do not have that manual in front of me. could you post a picture of what you are talking about.

RON SINCLAIR

Seaman

td what i am attempting to do is the linc &sync.after going thru the whole procudure & rehooking throttle cable back. i rechecked the throttleshaft pins they were not vertical at wot. they were vertical before cable was installed.
dont have any way of sending picture. but not really in a hurry , so maybe you can check out manual and let me know what is wrong. by then i will pick up a 2 stroke timing light &dwell meter, so i can get this motor tuned, thanks ron