Movin on Up! 2000 17' Hawk 170w75merc2stke

TnDeepVee

Cadet
I'm still a lil sad about selling our beloved 97 Tracker Pro-Angler V-16' w 40hp Force. What a great boat that was, although minor problems with the Force outboard. A recent carb/float issue really turned me into a "hands on" DIY'er for mechanical stuff. We just recently bought our new boat for $7,200=Fisher Hawk 170 FS all weld 99/2000 model with a real purrty 75hp Merc 2-stroke; a good deal imho! Dad wanted a walk-through windshield and the deep vee should stop that annoying spray that our Tracker would deliver often. It's a bit more weight and more hull for running local tailwaters but maybe we can build a river boat for that. The Fisher is immaculate to me with lots of "goodies"included. A new "$250" 35lb electric anchor w light mounted on back left beam rail and a newer bimini top with clear plastic windows that button to the windshield, also a new stereo w remote. But,,,the carpet is dry rotted kinda, that project is underway with the front alloy deck removed "pia". 21'x7' roll of Nautolex "storm grey" marine vinyl waiting for it's destiny/install. Should look real nice and last forever. The steering wheel pulls hard to the right at WOT so that has mystery has to be solved and repaired/replaced. The Hawk is slow to plane out so been thinking about those Nauticus "smart tabs" maybe the composite ones for $120 on ebay could fix that. I also want to disengage the oil-injector, my first outboard with one and I don't like it all, it's messy and not gonna fry a motor over a warning buzzer goin bad! love the heavy duty trailer and it looks like a perfect candidate for a "break-away" to be welded on. Nice to be here with fellow Fisher DeepVee'ers, love this site and will buy my parts from here. gonna try and post some pics
370950465.jpg
370950489.jpg
370396904.jpg

jimbo1944

Recruit
Re: Movin on Up! 2000 17' Hawk 170w75merc2stke

TnDeep Vee,
I just got the same boat, however, it has a 115 4 stroke Merc on the back. I will also need to replace the carpet it is weather beaten. Are you worried about Nautolex being slippery? How have you tackeled the job. Bow to stearn or stearn to bow? I would also like to replace the two plastic side consoles as they have a few cracks. Any suggestion on where to get rplacement parts for the boat?
Good luck and thanks in advance,
Jim