HELP - 83 60hp Evinrude Alarm

benny429

Cadet
What all does my alarm, alarm me of?

Just overheating? Or other problems as well?

My bulb will not firm up when priming, so hopefully a new one will stop the alarm?

These are my controls:

OMC003.jpg

benny429

Cadet
Re: 83 60hp Evinrude Alarm

Re: 83 60hp Evinrude Alarm

It isn't running all of the time. I notice if I turn the key back to the left a little but not "off" (boat still runs), the alarm stops.

benny429

Cadet
Re: HELP - 83 60hp Evinrude Alarm

What is the best manual for someone with limited mechanical ability? :confused:

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

i'm having almost exactly the same problem. Took the boat out today and it started and ran for a minutes or two, then the alarm went off and shut it off. My primer bulb also was not staying hard. Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with either of our engines, but if I can figure it out I will post back.

aktrucker

Seaman Apprentice

I have an 84 115, I had my alarm going off irratically....found out my low oil sensor was bad, I just clipped the lead to the sensor since I top off my oil EVERY trip...I know I have oil, I know I don't have enough fuel in a full tank to run dry, and I can see my oil reservoir from the captains chair so I look every so often to make sure I didn't spring a leak and lose all my oil. I wouldn't recomend disconnecting alarms, mine started out as a temporary solution to an annoying issue until I could replace it.....wonder if I'll ever replace it :D