got this far now what???

i have a 1960ish johnson 75hp v4. i got the motor running a couple days ago but had to do some work on it cuz i was getting water in the cylinders...now that i fixed that i turned the motor over and i was tough like it was trying to seize up on me... so i tore the heads back off agian and found that is rusted alil bit so i cleaned it up and put alil oil in the and slapped the heads back on and now it turns over fine... now for some reason it wont start i have spark.. i but fuel down the carb. and when i turn the bottom butterflys on the carb it sounds like it wonts to kick over but it doesnt... i got good compression in all cylinders.... it just bugs me that it started befor but now it wont i do have gas in the bowl.. if that helps, got a new battery($85), new starter($290), new distributor cap($150) and wires($10), new plugs($15)........ ANY HELP PLEASE

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: got this far now what???

Check that you didn't cross wires 1-3 and 2-4 double check rotor button and points gap, did you have the timing belt off? and why didn't you clean up the cylinders the first time you had the heads off?

Re: got this far now what???

i did clean them up but cuz i didnt oil the wall back then rust when nothing is in there same way rust gets in there when motors sit for a while and wont turn over...