2002 Tracker Pro Guide V16 Fuel Capacity

Mojoking

Recruit
Hi, I recently purchased a used 2002 Tracker Pro Guide V16 w/ a 40hp Mercury and it didn't come with a manual. Just wondering if anyone knows what the fuel tank capacity is on this boat. So far, I've used it a few times and it runs pretty good. When the fuel gauge needle went down to the 1/3 mark, I decided to fill her up but was surprised to learn that it only took about 7 gallons while on the newer ones, the tracker website says the capacity is 24 gallons. Also, I found it difficult to fill her up because the gas pump kept shutting off. I wonder if there is a breather on the tank or is it fully sealed? I appreciate any info on this matter. Thanks.

MudSkunk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2002 Tracker Pro Guide V16 Fuel Capacity

most gasoline tanks on such boats are sealed units. it probably is a 24 gallon tank. that is what mine is on my 2009 pro guide v16. i do know the fuel gauge on them are not the most accurate things in the world. when i fuel mine up it always hangs for a long time at the 1/3 mark before it actually starts to move. until i get a better grip on the fuel consumption and what the gauge is actually telling me i always keep the numbers of the closest marinas to wherever i am on my cell phone....

dannyt92548

Recruit

I have this boat, the 2002 model, and according to the manuals I got, fuel capacity is 13.5 gallons. On small lakes it could last a week or so but on long or large lakes better take an extra gas can for emergencies. It's a pretty good boat I love it it does the job well.

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

My 1995 Deep V-17 has a 40 Merc and an 18 gallon tank.