What 1980 Evinrude 7.5HP Gasket Part Do I Need?

joekaz

Recruit
Greetings,

I have a 1980 7.5HP Evinrude E8RCSS which runs fine. But an upper unit water gasket leak has developed. The problem is I cannot locate a picture or exploded diagram specifying the gasket part I need.

Here's the part: When you are facing the rear of the engine (with the cover off, obviously), located directly under the back of the flywheel is a small triangular casing attached with three screws on its three corners, and it has a gasket. The casing is labeled 325276. The gasket is leaking water.

I have Googled and Googled ad nauseam but I cannot find a parts diagram for this area of the motor! For instance this particular site's parts page for 325276 doesn't show a diagram or mention the gasket, and I don't want to buy anything I can't see beforehand looks like the correct part. http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/brp/B-0325276.html

I need the gasket and probably need to replace the three bolts too.

I will happily buy a manual if assured that it has the exploded parts view I need.

Thanks for any help here folks !! :)

Joe Kaz
San Antonio TX

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: What 1980 Evinrude 7.5HP Gasket Part Do I Need?

And the gasket is number 325275

"G"

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My friend... save yourself loads of grief and use some heat resistant silicone to make your gasket. Just don't use the whole tube. A little will seal your part/cover nicely. A lot will cause problems by covering areas that shouldn't be.

BTW... I believe this is the Thermo housing. When you take the part off, no need to replace bolts unless they are not SS. Clean 'em up and use silicone to seal them as well.

Good luck!

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Use the recommended gasket(s). To coat bolt/screw threads, use either Anti Corrosive Grease, Never Seize, or Gasket Sealer.