This the right starter Yes or No??

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
I just got done looking at BP starter site and have read a lot of negative things about the starters themselves. Anybody else buy a BP Starter and have nothing but problems? I also found this for the mercruiser, I know, I know, Stick with mercruiser marine parts, I don't have the manual I used to have since my laptop quit on me, but I am working on that an hope to have all the info stored and retrieved soon, I have a couple of people working on that for me, Just don;t have all the part# readily available right now, This looks to be the one I need:confused: same bolt pattern.
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/part_details.php?pnum=ARC30140
Can you guys let me know that I am right or wrong, Thanks in advance....Pat

PuddleJumper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: This the right starter Yes or No??

If yoiur current starter has offset bolt pattern then the starter in your link will work. I've had good results with ARCO.

PitchFork

Petty Officer 1st Class

I to just bought one from DB Electronics and Starter it should be delivered today. Mine does not have the offset bolt pattern. I had a local shop look at my original starter and they told me $125 to rebuild it. They also told me after looking at that it is in very rough shape. So I purchased a new one from DB for $71 with shipping. My only concern is mine has a 9 tooth pinion and the new has 11 tooth pinion. DB's website along with the other websites states that the 9 tooth has been superceeded.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys for your all replies, I have found a local guy here that rebuilds Start/alts thats all he does for a living, I did some looking around local just to find out if I could get one now instead of wating for it to be shipped off the internet and was told to give this guy a call, he has a superb reputation and has been in business for 20yrs., he doesn't even have an ad in the phone book because he handles bigger marine accounts here locally too, The guy works at home on his property with a LARGE building/garage and he and his brother even wear uniforms too:), so I thought I would give him a shot, gave him the original starter off the boat and should be back on the water Sat will be ready tomarrow, If all goes well I am going to give him the one that is on my boat now and have him rebuild that one too so I have a spare ready to go!! I will keep you all posted on my original post updated on "How long does it take to change starter" I promised every one I would keep them posted on how long it took!! I just found this out of curiousity! check out reviews.
http://local.yahoo.com/info-27352137-wurth-auto-electric-paducah?tab=reviews#reviews

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Good deal! Always good to find local guys that know what they are doing.
The only shop near me that i know of is more than buying new.
Glad you found them...:D