Never look a gift horse in the mouth:update

Pa mountain man

Seaman Apprentice
I work at a corps lake, and a guy in a brand new Tracker was taking his boat out, when his not so new (maybe 92' or 93') truck quits on the ramp. I go down to offer assistance, and the guy loses it, saying he doesn't need help, he's a mechanic:rolleyes:. I leave to make some checks, 45 minutes later, I returned to see he is still there!, once again I go down, but this time I offer to use our backhoe to pull him to the staging area. He really lost it this time, cussing me up one side and down the other, and throws a wrench in the lake! I left to do other things, an hour later(11:30 p.m.) he knocks on the door asking for a tow. I told him its now too late to use the backhoe because of the campground, and I can call a tow service for him. He lost it again and stormed off down the road. Half an hour later, his truck is still there, but he isn't, so I had to call a tow service to have it removed. I guess I'll see how it went tonite.

Well, he pulled into the shop today, and I thought "here we go." but he is a very nice guy, he explained to me why he was so angry, and I could understand. He apoligized, shook my hand and thanked me for not citing him, or calling the sheriff. He told me if he were me last night, he would have pulled the e brake release and forgot about it. I thanked him, and told him it was awful big of him to stop and apoligize.

Last edited:

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Wow, some people apparently can't handle bad news. I feel bad for his customers who have vehicles he fixes as well as his truck :rolleyes:

Even if he thought he could fix his truck himself, why hog up the ramp? Do these people actually have brains?

madurodave

Petty Officer 1st Class

I work at a corps lake, and a guy in a brand new Tracker was taking his boat out, when his not so new (maybe 92' or 93') truck quits on the ramp. I go down to offer assistance, and the guy loses it, saying he doesn't need help, he's a mechanic:rolleyes:. I leave to make some checks, 45 minutes later, I returned to see he is still there!, once again I go down, but this time I offer to use our backhoe to pull him to the staging area. He really lost it this time, cussing me up one side and down the other, and throws a wrench in the lake! I left to do other things, an hour later(11:30 p.m.) he knocks on the door asking for a tow. I told him its now too late to use the backhoe because of the campground, and I can call a tow service for him. He lost it again and stormed off down the road. Half an hour later, his truck is still there, but he isn't, so I had to call a tow service to have it removed. I guess I'll see how it went tonite.

you can't fix stupid. Good for you offering the second time

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

I guess I'll see how it went tonite.

OOOoooo I want to know what happened! :)

I bet he went off the deep end when he got back and his truck/boat/trailer were gone! LOL

pinecrestwoods

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your title says it all. Personally, I may have refused the first time (if nobody around). But by the second time (even though I'd be pretty angry- not at you) I would want pulled outta there so I could work on it out of the way. Any anger would be taken out on the truck. This is why my old rusty chevy has a few fist-sized dents in various spots and a kicked-in door panel..... I can't help myself. :redface:

Funny how it's always someone else's fault, eh?

jakebrake

Petty Officer 1st Class

to quote "a river runs through it"

"why is it, that the people who need the help, are the one's who don't take it?"

clog the dock and be a jago at the same time....niiiice. i can't wait to see his post! and numlaar is right...i sooooo gotta know how this ends.

timdan94

Chief Petty Officer

I see you are from st. marys I'm guessing that it was the east branch dam? I've been down there and have seen that all the time you offer help and get told to f-off then when they can't fix the problem come back asking for help. The attitude of the people there and the lack of jobs is the reason I left that area and haven't looked back.

45Auto

Commander
Re: Never look a gift horse in the mouth:update

Sounds like he was having a bad day, but turned out to be a decent guy after all. Too bad there's not more people around like you that can handle things without getting bent out of shape. Let me know if you're ever down in New Orleans, we'll go out on the lake!

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Never look a gift horse in the mouth:update

That's horrible journalism! We need to know why he was so crazy! It's cool he turned out to be decent, but this cliffhanger end if too much to stand :eek: