Boatless in the summer time. What happened.

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
One of the best things about buying, selling, and trading boats is that I always have one or two around for personal use. So last week I advertized a Chris Craft Concept I had repowered and a day later a fella calls and wants to see it. He shows up with his brother in law, we take it to the lake and he falls in love with it, boat sold. We go back to the house to do the paper work.

While we are getting everything around the brother in law asks, "what?s the story on that Bayliner"? (2000 20' Open Bow with a stuck motor.) We get to talking and I explain the previous owner didn't winterize properly, water in oil, stuck motor, but that I have a fresh engine to drop back in it. We talk a bit more and he asks, what would I take for the boat and engine as is with him doing the work?

Well here is my number 1 rule, never turn down a profit when it comes to a boat so I named a number and dang it, he said ok. They towed the first buyers boat home and came back and got the second one and the engine for it.

Now all of a sudden, I have NO RUNNING BOAT! This has to be the first time in 20 years I have not had a boat to use during the summer. Predictably, the wife seems to be taking great pleasure in my distress. She just thinks it?s hilarious and tells me I'm worse than a junky in need of a water fix. Hmmm, she may be right. Sanity without a boat may not be possible. Time to hit the for sale ads and find me a new project!!!

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boatless in the summer time. What happened.

Here's to the next project. I think this summer has been an exception to most. I've seen a lot of well priced used ones around. Usually I am scanning the ads around labor day.

My wife is telling me I need another project, but I've been trying to convince her that I actually like when they are working, and have really enjoyed this summer.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Maybe you should be one of the first to buy one of those new boats from the start up in Minnesota :D

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I feel for ya.:(

I wrecked a boat in the middle of summer once. Could'nt find a replacement to save my life. :mad:

Worst summer I ever had!