Water Pressure Gauge Hook Up 98 225 Rude

Salty Tricks

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Try as I may...I can not find an obvious place to tap the 1/8" NPT fitting off my 1998 225 Rude. Any help?

daselbee

Commander
Re: Water Pressure Gauge Hook Up 98 225 Rude

Down low, on the exhaust adapter, on either the port side or the starboard side toward the rear are pre-tapped holes with plugs in them. Plugs are hex socket heads, for use with an allen wrench. (just so you know what to be looking for).

That is where I connect the WP plumbing.

Salty Tricks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Daselbee

I was hoping this was not the spot since I tried to open these with a conventional allen key and they will not budge. I guess i will remove the lower cowling and see if an allen socket and some liquid wrench might work.

Thanks Again

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Salty, I found a suitable pipe plug on the port head of my '98 Johnny 150HPV6. I presume you looked there?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

water pressure guage can be "T"'d into the tale tell hose close the Block. simplest installation.

daselbee

Commander

water pressure guage can be "T"'d into the tale tell hose close the Block. simplest installation.

There is no tell tale hose on this motor, and there is no plug on the head.
This is a V6 looper.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

V6 loopers read from the adaptor plate as mentioned. Even early ones with an overboard indicator line. The 60* V6 150 / 175 picks up pressure from a port in the head but a 225 is not a 60* motor.

Removing the lower pan(s) is a snap and will indeed make your job much simpler.

d.boat

Chief Petty Officer

I tried T'ing into the telltale of my '90 V6 looper, and it didn't work right. It did work on a previous V6 crossflow I had which is why I tried it. I had to tap in somewhere else, can't remember exactly where without looking, but I do remember I had to very carefully read and figure out (not so easy) the diagram on the teleflex installation instructions. then it worked great.